Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why, Hello Spring!

You know how much happier you are when you complete a really difficult task compared to when you complete an easy one? I feel like winter in Pennsylvania is just a little different from winter in Alabama. And needless to say, I have never been so happy to wecome spring! Spring comes later up here and the old saying "April showers bring May flowers" fits Phiadelphia exactly. Just about a week ago, the first sign of color appeared literally overnight. One day, I drove by this tree and it was brown, the next day it had burst into a big white ball! The cherry trees bloomed along the side of the river giving me hope that no, winter will not last forever. Then a few days later, the green decided to make an appearance. In most of the city, you still see just a vague green haze on the trees that will soon erupt with bright green leaves. It is still jacket weather, but hints of warmth pop in from time to time just to let me know it is coming. Hello Spring! Conrad Square, one block from my house.

Bringing a little Spring indoors.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You've almost made it! :) I love that time of year!

    ReplyDelete