Thursday, April 28, 2011

The South

A shot from Tuscaloosa News capturing the fully destroyed neighborhood of Forest Lake near where I lived in college.


I didn't lose a friend or family member when I could have. I didn't even know anyone who was injured. I wasn't even there myself. But the events of last week in Alabama have greatly saddended me. I am so blessed that my family and friends escaped unharmed, but I so sad for those who didn't. I'm sad for my adopted hometown, Tuscaloosa Alabama. A lot has been lost and it's something to be sad about. I didn't know anyone that died but I walked their streets, I went to the same stores, I ate at the same restaurants, I lived a similar life and had it happened 3 years ago it could have been me. It all makes me so homesick. I want to be there to comfort friends and to start picking up the pieces.

Just another reminder that there is only one constant, one thing we know will not be wiped away.

"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love will not depart from you and my covenant of peace shall not be removed." Isaiah 54:10

God bless the recovery and healing.







No comments:

Post a Comment