Monday, January 10, 2011

What does it mean to be young married?

It means going skiing on a random Saturday at the last minute.

I was exhausted and didn't want to do anything last Saturday. But my large ball of energy who also happens to be my husband really had the skiing itch.

It was freezing (25 degrees and snowing) and I prayed that God would spare me as I raced down the hills in a not-so-controlled fashion but it was fun! And we were together.

But it gets better. And then we made homemade pizza after long hot showers. But, it gets better again. I'm trying to watch the top 100 movies of all time. We started our first, Bonnie and Clyde, and I fell fast asleep with that "I'm so tired, my muscles hurt, but now I'm warm and comfortable, watching a movie, under a blanket...must...sleep..." kind of sleep. And that was the best part.

P.S. I'm wearing a military issue hat that makes me look part Russian, part 1920s pilot. But it is warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment