Monday, June 13, 2011

The Straightaways

I heard a quote recently that keeps popping into my mind. I just love this quote!

"What you lose in the round-abouts you make up for in the straightaways"

I don't know where I heard this, I think it was on some podcast, and I vaguely remember that it is a British saying?? After I heard it, I just kept finding examples of this in my life. In relationships, exercise, work, housecleaning...and the list goes one. You know how it can take weeks of being in a relationship rut just to solve it all in one conversation. Or you are slammed at work and certain things just aren't getting done, but then an afternoon is inexplicably slow and you make up your lost ground and more. You see, round-abouts and straightaways!


I don't know about you but when I'm in the round-abouts, I totally forget about the straightaways and how much lost time you can make up. Recently I have been very busy and stressed and feel like I may never catch a break. Obviously stuck in a round-about. But just when you least expect it you catch a straightaway. It is amazing how much relaxation you can make up in one single evening sitting on your back patio. Last night I just sat, stared at my little window to the sky, listened to the children playing and soaked it all it. Weeks of hustle and bustle just melted away.

God bless the straightaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment