Friday, May 27, 2011

Christ Church

Laura and Charlie recently visited us in Philadelphia. We had a blast and I used it as an opportunity to see a few things that I never have before. For some reason, the only pictures I took were of Christ Church.


I love old things and this place is very old. The church dates back to the 1600s, but the current building was built in 1744. It was the largest building in the nation for 80 years. The same bells that ring today are the same bells that rang on July 4th, 1776. They were cast at the same place as the liberty bell but these never cracked! Not only are most of the the things in the church original but it also houses the baptistry that baptized William Penn in England in the mid 1600s. It's a working church to this day. Maybe I'll stop by next Sunday!















































No comments:

Post a Comment