Sunday, February 3, 2013

Winter Contrast

     One of my goals this year is to blog once per month.  If for nothing else, to keep up with the little moments in life that are easy to forget but so precious to remember.  January was a month of contrasts.  The first two weeks were dominated by the good 'ole LFG (my place of employment).  I traveled to Orlando for a conference and also pulled off a women's empowerment seminar that my team had been working on for over 6 months.  With these moments came professional highs and satisfaction of a job completed and well done.  

     I also had many chances to rest and relax on these cold winter weekends where even in the middle of the day the light pours through the windows soft and calm.  Curling up in bed with a good book feels like the perfect thing to do at any time of the day and when you do make your way out in the cold with boots and scarves the warmth of a cozy brunch spot awaits to welcome you in with steaming hot coffee.  Ahh, breath in peace.

    Not that it was all peace.  Believe me. At least believe that fact that I had to stop typing this post to handle a broken water pipe that was spewing water all over my back patio and back door.  I didn't know what to do except hold my breath and run into the freezing deluge to attempt to remedy the situation.  "A" for effort but I could have stayed dry (and warm) as all I needed to do was go in the basement and turn a nob.  While I'm thankful for a husband who is overseas right now, the real man I'm thankful for today is my dad who can coach me through the most stressful situations. 

But isn't this how life is?  The calm with the crazy, the good with the bad, the warm cozy blankets with the impromptu January backyard sprinkler parties.  And it's all good.  It's all good, because He is good.


Some of my favorite photos from January are below.  Have a happy February!


Helped host a baby shower for a dear friend



Was given a beautiful set of heirloom silver from another dear friend's mom.  It was her Aunt Ida's from the 1930's.  I now know Aunt Ida's story and have the honor using her silverware for years to come.  Who wants to come over for a dinner party?




If you were still wondering if I am a huge dork, wonder no longer.  This is a 600 page book about one city and I LOVE IT!  It is the last thing I do every day for the 10 minutes that I can keep my eyes open.




I've always wanted to go to the Philly car show and this year we made it happen.  I'll take this one, please.





One of my goals this year is to do one thing for my home each week.  In the craziness of my work  I often neglect caring for my home but it truly is something that I love to do.  I found this tablecloth on sale at Williams Sonoma.  No, nobody is coming over for dinner, just playing dining room dress-up.






What beats the warm glow of a candle on a snowy winter day?  I sure don't know.






Brunch date with one of my guy pals, Charlie.  I loved him long before I knew him.




1 comment:

  1. I'm reading "Jerusalem: a Biography" right now! I love it!

    ReplyDelete