Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome Home, Bennett



It is official, I am an aunt five times over! And number 5 is pretty special. Bennett has been my nephew since November 27th but we just didn't know it yet. Over the past weeks as Ben and Abbie prepared to bring a new child into their home, I have been in awe and at times in tears at the beauty of adoption. As all acts of love are, it is an extension, an outpouring of the love God has shown for us. But Bennett isn't the first adopted child in our family. We all are.
I stumbled upon this verse the very week that we knew Bennett would be in our family.

"Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do and it gave him great pleasure."
Ephesians 1: 4-5

Watching Bennett's story unfold pointed me to the Father in a new way. He adopted me when he didn't have to, but he wanted to. It was a source of great joy for him! And in our small human way, I have seen so much rejoicing and celebration over Bennett's life. I thank God for his adoption and mine.

I feel incredibly blessed to be in Bennett's family. I can't wait to hold him, tell him I love him and watch him grow up.

Welcome to your family, Bennett. I'm glad your are finally here.

2 comments:

  1. I've thought about that verse a lot lately, too. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jackie for the sweet words about our sweet boy. I can't wait for you to meet him too! Isn't it wonderful how God reveals himself to us through such a tiny little baby. Love you!

    ReplyDelete